BS Vertical chemical pumps
- Vertical axis single-stage centrifugal pumps.
- Ideal for slightly abrasive liquids or fluids with deposits.
- Flow-rates up to 55 m³/h and heads up to 30 m w.c.
- Produced with standard length: 400, 550, 700, 900 mm.
- Cantilever pumps: bearingless shaft with overhung impeller.
- No metal parts come into contact with corrosive liquids (bolts and nuts included).
- Plastic materials: PP, PVC, PVDF, PE-HD.
BS vertical chemical pumps
|Q max m³/h||H max m³/h||kW||Bushings||Length mm|
|BS30||10||15||0.55 – 1.1||no||550|
|BS50||24||18||2.2 – 3||no||700|
Savino Barbera also makes other special pumps outside this range of products: in fact, not all of the possible combinations of impellers and motors are included in this chart. Specifically, it is possible to install impellers of various geometries and motors with non-standard power, frequency and protection features. We invite you to contact our technical office for specific needs.
The range of BS vertical centrifugal pumps guarantees flow-rates from 1 to 55 m³/h and with heads up to 30 m w.c.
(meters water column). The curves refer to tests with clean cold water (ISO9906). The performance can vary based
on the different characteristics of the pumped liquid. Pumps with different performance are available upon request.
|Download performance curves|
Corrosion resistant plastic materials
In our pumps, all wetted parts are strictly made of corrosion resistant plastic material. Selecting the most suitable chemically-inert polymers is indeed one of the main skills of Savino Barbera. Our choices have always been adaptale to the specific use that our industrial products are intended for.
- Main thermoplastic materials: PP, PVC, PVDF.
- One-piece plastic impellers without any metal insert.
- Shafts with heavy-wall plastic coating.
- Guide bushings made of charged PTFE, Ceramic or SiC.
The main materials include some highly corrosion resistant polymers: PP, PVC, PVDF.
PVC (polyvinyl chloride)
PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride)
|More details on materials|
Savino Barbera vertical pumps can be customized with optional equipment:
- Materials according to the corrosive liquids: PP, PVC, PVDF, PE-HD.
- Special PE-HD impellers for abrasive liquids.
- PVC mounting plate in standard sizes or upon request.
- Connections: backing rings, hose adaptors, male threads.
- Additional suction pipe extension for deeper sumps.
- Motors with choice of power, voltage, frequency, and protection.
Vertical pumps: typical applications
The total absence of wear bushings and guide elements makes BS pumps especially suitable for handling solids-laden acids, liquids with suspensions, fluids tending to crystallize or where the risk of abrasion requires pumps running completely contact free. Here are some typical applications of these cantilevered pumps with no submerged bearings:
Vertical pumps for recirculation
into process vats.
Vertical pump for emptying underground
cisterns in different types of industrial plants.
Vertical pumps photo gallery
Some images showing the product range of our vertical chemical pumps:
BS20 pump made of PP
BS50 acid pump made of PVDF
BS vertical pump
BS vertical pumps catalogues & manuals
In this section you can download the technical information on our vertical chemical pumps for corrosive liquids. Please, contact our sales department in case you cannot find the proper pump for your application.