AS vertical chemical pumps
- Vertical axis single-stage centrifugal pumps.
- For transferring aggressive fluids and industrial water.
- Flow-rates up to 80 m³/h and heads up to 43 m w.c.
- Custom length between 250 and 3000 mm.
- No metal parts in contact with liquids (including bolts and nuts).
- Shaft with no wetted intermediate bearings, carefully balanced.
- One single pair of wear bushings at the end of the shaft.
- Plastic materials: PP, PVC, PVDF, PE-HD.
AS vertical chemical pumps
|Q max m³/h||H max m w.c.||kW||Bushings||Shaft min mm||Shaft max mm|
|AS20||5||8||0.25 – 0.37||si||250||1000|
|AS30||14||16||0.55 – 1.1||si||320||3000|
|AS50||38||24||2.2 – 3||si||465||3000|
|AS80||69||47||5.5 – 9.2||si||1000||3000|
Savino Barbera also makes other special pumps outside this range of products: in fact, not all of the possible combinations of impellers and motors are included in this chart. Specifically, it is possible to install impellers of various geometries and motors with non-standard power, frequency and protection features. We invite you to contact our technical office for specific needs.
The range of AS vertical centrifugal pumps guarantees flow-rates from 1 to 80 m³/h and heads up to 43 m w.c.
(meters water column). The curves refer to tests with clean cold water (ISO9906). The performance can vary based
on the different characteristics of the pumped liquid. Pumps with different performance are available upon request.
|Download performance curves|
Corrosion resistant plastic materials
In our pumps, all wetted parts are strictly made of corrosion resistant plastic material. Selecting the most suitable chemically-inert polymers is indeed one of the main skills of Savino Barbera. Our choices have always been adaptale to the specific use that our industrial products are intended for.
- Main thermoplastic materials: PP, PVC, PVDF.
- One-piece plastic impellers without any metal insert.
- Shafts with heavy-wall plastic coating.
- Guide bushings made of charged PTFE, Ceramic or SiC.
The main materials include some highly corrosion resistant polymers: PP, PVC, PVDF.
PVC (polyvinyl chloride)
PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride)
|More details on materials|
Savino Barbera vertical pumps can be customized with optional equipment:
- Open impellers, closed impellers, recessed impellers.
- Special PE-HD impellers for abrasive liquids.
- Connections: backing rings, hose adaptors, male threads.
- PVC mounting plate in standard sizes or upon request.
- Pumps with or without suction strainer (for dirty or clean liquids).
- Suction pipe extension to increase the immersion depth.
- With bearing bracket and flexible coupling.
- Vapour seal assembly available.
- Motors with choice of power, voltage, frequency and protection.
Different suction strainers
Mounting plates upon request
Pump with suction pipe extension
Vertical pumps: typical applications
Some examples of applications of our plastic vertical pumps:
Vertical pump for fume scrubbing, scrubbers, acid gas treatment.
Vertical pump for transferring corrosive chemical products.
Vertical pump for the recirculation
into process vats.
Vertical pump for emptying underground cisterns in various industrial plants.
Vertical pump for surface treatment plants, plating baths, pickling lines.
Vertical pump for waste water treatments, industrial effluents, aggressive industrial waters.
Vertical pumps photo gallery
Some images showing the product range of our vertical chemical pumps:
Custom-made polypropylene pumps
PP and PVDF vertical pumps
Acid pumps with EEx-d motor
Pumps for chromic acid
AS vertical pumps catalogues & manuals
In this section you can download the technical information on our vertical chemical pumps for corrosive liquids. Please, contact our sales department in case you cannot find the proper pump for your application.
|Savino Barbera vertical chemical pumps|
|AS vertical pumps performance curves|
|Vertical pumps maintenance: bushings replacement|
|Proper installation of a vertical pump|
|Maintenance and user manual for AS and GP vertical chemical pumps|