Pneumatic drum pumps
- To empty drums, barrels and canisters.
- Tube length: 900 or 1200 mm.
- Open or closed impellers, according to the model.
- Air-supply connection ¼”.
- Pneumatic motor: working pressure 6,3 bar.
Pumps for drums and barrels – PNEU version
||Material||Ø Tube||Impeller||Bushings||Ø Hose|
| FUS PW
||900 mm||PP||42 mm||PTFE||PTFE-CERAMIC||25 mm|
|FUS SS||900 mm||AISI 304||42.5 mm||PTFE||PTFE-CERAMIC||25 mm|
|TR PP||900 – 1200 mm||PP||42 mm||ECTFE||PTFE||25 mm|
|TR PVDF||900 – 1200 mm||PVDF||40 mm||ECTFE||PTFE||25 mm|
|TR SS||900 – 1200 mm||AISI 316||42.5 mm||ECTFE||PTFE||25 mm|
Pneumatic motor: air pressure 6.3 kg/m³, air consumption 0.85 m³/min (FUS model pumps).
Pneumatic motor, 0.33 HP @ 7 bar (250 W), air pressure 2-7 bar, air consumption 300 n/l (TR model pumps).
Curve di prestazione
|Download performance curves for the FUS & TR pneumatic version|
Air pneumatic motor
- Air operated pneumatic motor.
- Power: 0,33 HP @ 7 bar.
- Working air pressure: 6,3 bar.
- In normal working conditions, the maximum noise level produced by the pump is 75 dB(A).
- In normal working conditions, the quadratic mean acceleration value of the motor is lower than 2,5 m/ sec².
- Motor with safety switch to prevent accidental start-up.
ATEX certified drum pumps
TR-X JP series pumps for drums and barrels (material: AISI 316) are also available with ATEX certification (PTB 03 ATEX 400X II1/2 GB IIB T4).
For uses in ATEX classified area, the air supply must necessarily have temperature within ATEX environmental limits (from -20°C to +40°C max). The plastic version (materials: PP and PVDF), instead, can only have an ATEX certified motor.
|Tube and shaft material||AISI 316|
|Impeller material||AISI 316 e PVDF|
|Tube diameter||Ø 42.5 mm|
|Hose size||Ø 25 mm|
|Maximum viscosity||600 cps|
||From -20°C to +40°C max (in an ATEX classified area)|
|Tube lengths||700, 900, 1200 mm|
||3 kg / 4.4 kg / 5.3 kg|
|Air supply pressure
||6 bax max (85 PSI)|
||PTB 03 ATEX 400X II1/2 GB IIB T4|
|ATEX certified Savino Barbera drum pumps|
- Air driven drum pumps are intended for heavy duty and intensive services, contrary to the electric version which is only suitable for intermittent uses.
- The flexible air hose must have a minimum internal Ø of 10 mm and a maximum length of 10 m.
- During work the motor must be in the operator’s hands to avoid the pump from lying on the bottom of the drum and to make sure that the pump can be promptly stopped when fluid fails.
- The pump running dry cause serious damages.
- The motor can cool during use: cover the motor body with the provided self-adhesive thermal insulation product and/or wear suitable protective gloves.
- Pneumatic system must assure 600 l/min of filtered, dried and lubricated air at 6 bar: install near the pump a cut-off valve, a filter/water separator, a pressure reducer, a lubricator and a pressure relief valve.
- Daily drain condensation at the air filter, pressure line and compressor.
- Do not use the pump with inflammable fluids, in potentially explosive atmospheres or in scarcely aired places.
- When pumping irritant, toxic, corrosive, scalding, caustic or poisonous fluid, it is necessary to take all protective measures indicated in the “safety data sheet” of the product.
- Especially in case of occasional utilization, before use and before final pump wash, place a few drops of oil in the motor air inlet.
- After use, always clean the pump by pumping clean water or compatible liquid for a few minutes: some fluid can crystallize, leave deposits or, in time, negatively interact with pump materials.
Photo gallery of drum pumps
Some photos illustrating the range of our chemical pumps for drums and barrels:
Pumps for drums and barrels.
FUS model drum pumps.
Video gallery of drum pumps
Videos showing the technical features of our pumps for drums and barrels:
Pumps for drums and barrels catalogues & manuals
Download technical data-sheets of our pumps for drums and barrels:
|Catalogue of pumps for drums and barrels|
|Use and maintenance manual for pneumatic drum pumps|