OMA horizontal chemical pumps
- Flow-rates up to 90 m³/h and heads up to 43 m w.c.
- Savino Barbera proprietary seal.
- With no metal parts in direct contact with liquids.
- Plastic materials: PP, PVC, PVDF, PE-HD.
- For transferring aggressive fluids and acidic industrial effluents.
OMA horizontal plastic pumps
Horizontal axis single-stage centrifugal pumps with pump shaft directly keyed on the motor shaft.
|Q max m³/h||H max m w.c.||kW||Mechanical seal||Connections|
|single||double||thread||hose adaptor||backing ring|
|OMA30||14||16||0.55 – 1.1||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|OMA50||38||24||2.2 – 3||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|OMA80||81||41||5.5 – 9.2||yes||yes||no||no||yes|
Savino Barbera also makes other special pumps outside this range of products: in fact, not all of the possible combinations of impellers and motors are included in this chart. Specifically, it is possible to install impellers of various geometries and motors with non-standard power, frequency and protection features. We invite you to contact our technical office for specific needs.
The range of OMA horizontal centrifugal pumps guarantees a work capacity with flow-rates from 1 to 90 m³/h
and heads up to 43 m w.c. (meters water column). The curves refer to tests with clean cold water (ISO9906). The
performance can vary based on the different characteristics of the pumped liquid. Non-metallic pumps with
different performance features are available upon request.
|Performance curves download|
Corrosion resistant plastic materials
In our corrosion-proof pumps, all parts in direct contact with aggressive liquid are strictly made of corrosion resistant plastic material. Selecting the most suitable plastic material is indeed one of the main skills of Savino Barbera. Our choices have always been adaptable to the specific use that our industrial products are intended for.
- Main plastic materials: PP, PVC, PVDF.
- One-piece plastic impellers without any metal insert.
- Shafts with heavy-wall plastic coating.
- Sliding elements made of Ceramic or Silicon carbide.
The main materials include some highly corrosion resistant polymers: PP, PVC, PVDF.
PVC (polyvinyl chloride)
PVDF (polyvinylidene fluoride)
|More details on materials|
Savino Barbera mechanical seal
The mechanical seal of our chemical pumps is a seal for rotating shafts exclusively designed by Savino Barbera.
It was conceived to be fully corrosion resistant and has the following features:
- Very simple structure: only three elements.
- Single mechanical seal, internally assembled and balanced.
- Internal mounting for maximum cooling of its faces.
- Sliding parts lubricated by the pumped liquid.
- Self-cleaning due to the centrifugal force.
- Ready-to-fit seal (no need for registrations).
|See the advantages of our mechanical seals|
Savino Barbera horizontal pumps can be customized with optional equipment:
- Open, closed and recessed impellers.
- Flushed double mechanical seals.
- Connections: backing rings, hose adaptors, male threads.
- PVC baseplates in standard sizes or upon request.
- Assembly on portable units.
- With bearing bracket and flexible coupling.
- Motors with choice of power, voltage, frequency and protection.
PP – PVDF engine driven
pump for sulfuric acid
PVDF horizontal pump
with PVC baseplate
Plastic horizontal pump
Under flooded installation chart for plastic horizontal pumps made by Savino Barbera:
L1: max. liquid level
L2: min. liquid level
Occasional use and storage: what to do
- Pump casing, in case of storage, occasional use or inactivity, must be kept completely full of liquid always
to avoid the risk of seal rings sticking.
- After a long period of inactivity and before restarting: extract the motor fan cover and verify, by manually
rotating the motor shaft, that the pump shaft can smoothly turn. if not , the mechanical seal rings may be
stuck and the seal should be unblocked.
Horizontal pumps photo gallery
Some images showing the product range of our horizontal chemical pumps:
PP and PVC pump for acid
OMA30 pump made of PP-PVC
PVC horizontal acid pumps
PP and PVDF horizontal pumps PVDF pumps with seal OMA70A acid pump made of PVC
OMA horizontal pumps catalogues & manuals
In this section you can download the technical information on our horizontal chemical pumps for corrosive liquids. Please, contact our sales department in case you cannot find the proper pump for your application needs.
|Savino Barbera horizontal chemical pumps|
|Performance curves of OMA horizontal pumps|
|Maintenance and user manual for OMA horizontal pumps|
|Savino Barbera mechanical seal|